This is just a quick update to the recent October issue of the monthly retailer newsletter from Free League Publishing.
Due to some last-minute delays, the official release date for the new edition of the classic Twilight: 2000 RPG has been moved to November 16 (not November 2 as stated previously). That means no games on store shelves before that date please!
The massive boxed Core Set (weighing in at 2,044 grams!), a Referee’s Screen and a Weapons Card Deck should shortly be available from all major game distributors worldwide. Contact us – by replying to this email – if you have trouble finding stock.
Twilight: 2000 Boxed Core Set
- SKU Code: FLFT2K001
- Barcode: 9789189143418
- MSRP: $59.99
Twilight: 2000 Referee’s Screen
- SKU Code: FLFT2K003
- Barcode: 9789189143432
- MSRP: $24.99
Twilight: 2000 Weapons Cards
- SKU Code: FLFT2K004
- Barcode: 7350105220456
- MSRP: $17.99
Kalisz. We’re still only in Kalisz. We need to get out of here. Fast. The artillery barrages are getting closer. The Soviets will be here soon. Sarge says we move out after dark. I’m not sure we’ll last that long.
This new retro-apocalyptic edition of Twilight: 2000, published in partnership with GDW and Amargosa Press, goes back to the roots of the franchise with open-world roleplaying in the devastation of World War III. Just like the original 1984 edition, this new game is set in a year 2000 devastated by war – now in an alternate timeline where the Soviet Union never collapsed.
Twilight: 2000 is a roleplaying game about survival in mankind’s most desperate hour. Yet, in this bleak world, there is still hope. In the midst of utter destruction, you can start to build something new. Rally people to your ranks. Stake a claim and protect it. And maybe, if you live long enough, start turning the tide. This boxed set contains:
- A 152-page Player’s Manual, including rules for character generation, skills, specialties, combat, base building, and travel.
- A 112-page Referee’s Manual, describing a world at war and including 52 ready-to-play encounters and four complete scenario sites.
- A huge 864 x 558mm double-sided full-color hexagon travel map.
- 15 engraved custom dice, including ammo dice and a hit location die.
- 16 modular battle maps, designed to create an endless variety of battlefields.
- Four battle maps for specific scenario sites.
- 108 cardboard tokens for fighters, vehicles, conditions, and more.
- 52 encounter cards.
- 10 initiative cards.
- Five blank character sheets ready to be filled in.
Full Story Here