Games Developer, Osprey Games
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc is looking for a Games Developer to work within Osprey Games, the tabletop gaming imprint of its Special Interest division. The successful applicant will report to the Head of Osprey Games and will work across our growing range of well-known and award-winning board and card games. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual to join our friendly team based in Oxford, UK, and to dive into the world of tabletop gaming.
- Shaping the future of Osprey Games:
- Developing gaming projects, liaising with colleagues and contributors to take new games from prototype to finished product.
- Evaluating and playtesting new projects.
- Contributing towards discussions of new gaming projects, especially in publishing meetings where potential projects are presented for approval.
- Assisting in the production of art references, liaising with colleagues and contributors to ensure their accuracy and suitability.
- Reading, checking, and editing rulebooks and other copy for clarity and accuracy.
- Working with our Production and Design teams to ensure the quality, suitability, and accessibility of the games’ visual and physical elements.
- Representing Osprey Games:
- Acting as an in-house point of contact for external contributors (authors, illustrators, and freelancers).
- Attending conventions and shows, demoing games and interacting with customers and contributors in person.
- Supporting the Osprey Games team:
- Providing editorial support in the preparation and production of covers, catalogues, press releases, and advertising material.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the hobby games market.
- A high level of written and spoken English.
- Great organizational skills, especially time management and the ability to prioritise workload.
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues, collaborators, and customers.
- Confident presentation skills.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to think creatively.
- IT competency (especially MS Word, Excel, and Outlook) and an aptitude for learning new software.
- Professionalism and a positive approach.
- A passion for board and card games in particular and other games (wargames, roleplaying games, etc.) in general!
The role is a full-time permanent position.
The role is based at our Oxford office, Kemp House, Chawley Park, Cumnor Hill, Oxford OX2 9PH on a hybrid working pattern of 2 days office-based / 3 days home-based (or fully office-based if preferred). Allocated office days for this role are: Monday and Tuesday.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter addressed to Human Resources (Word or PDF format only) via the ‘APPLY NOW’ button detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role by 31st May 2022.