Back in September, news was released that Asmodee was looking to sell itself for around €2 billion EU. Well it looks like they have finally found a buyer. Today the Embracer Group has announced that they have entered into exclusive negotiations to acquire board game megagiant Asmodee. Some notes from the press release include:
- The day one consideration is approximately EUR 2.75 billion in total.
- EUR 350 million would be paid to the main shareholder, PAI, and certain other minority shareholders.
- Asmodee’s other minority shareholders would sell the majority of their shares upfront for cash, and retain a minority interest of approximately 4 percent of the shares which would be subject to put and call options.
- Asmodee’s CEO Stéphane Carville together with his management team would continue to lead the new operating group. Asmodee would continue to operate as before the transaction with no reorganization expected driven by the transaction.
- If the transaction is completed, Asmodee would become the ninth operating group of Embracer, moving Embracer towards becoming a leading independent global gaming eco-system and becoming Europe’s largest gaming group.
- Net Sales of Asmodee for this calendar year is estimated to be EUR 1.1 billion